We finally know that Insomniac’s new Spider-Man game for PlayStation 4 is coming out in September. But that’s not all we learned about the anticipated Sony exclusive today.
Game Informer asked creative director Bryan Intihar 114 rapid-fire questions, and among the things he revealed is that there are no microtransactions and that the game is locked at 30 FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Additionally, he confirmed that Mary Jane is a playable character.
You can watch the full video here at Game Informer, while we’ve rounded up some of the notable takeaways below.
- The game will look and run a little better on PS4 Pro
- But it’s locked at 30 FPS on both systems
- Mary Jane is a playable character, and she will «surprise a lot of people.» At this point in the story, she knows that Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
- The game’s open world is «several times» bigger than that of Insomniac’s last big game, Sunset Overdrive.
- Will there be microtransactions? «Hell no.»
- Will we see Uncle Ben’s death? «Hell no.»
- DLC is planned for after launch.
- There is a crafting system.
- You can take selfies with civilians and high-five them.
In other news, Insomniac has announced premium versions of Spider-Man, along with some DLC. The $150 Collector’s Edition comes with a statue, artbook, and in-game content. Check out GameSpot’s further coverage here to see all the available versions.
Author: #GamesNews gamespot.com